- Dave Naylor, a Lancastrian bloke living in Leeds, West Yorkshire. I was born in the mill-town of Oldham but I migrated to the eastern side of the Pennines almost thirty years ago. In 2004 I ended up living near the bottom of the M621; I’ve been there ever since. I suppose I’m now from Leeds, something at which a younger me would have baulked.
- Married to Lisa, a Leeds girl, and we have a son: Fraser. I have two daughters: Rebecca who lives in London and Lisa who lives near Bradford.
- Build, fix and maintain websites.
- Do WordPress.
- Configure servers.
- Design print and web graphics.
- Take and post process photos.
- Record and edit video.
- Make knockout curries.
Played lots of cricket, chased baddies, watched lots of rugby league, flown kites, ridden motorbikes, raced in parakarts, worn a lab coat, careered around Yorkshire, dabbled in politics, been to the Glastonbury festival a lot, seen countless gigs
Cricket, rugby league, photography, video, computers, linux, music, politics, film, cooking, clouds, Thatcher’s Cider and Timothy Taylor’s beer. That’s not an exhaustive list, I’ve probably forgotten a few things.
A 5K 27” iMac with a stupid amount of ram. I have an installation of Arch Linux on my older PC and then I have an under- the-desk headless server running Ubuntu.
A OnePlus phone and an i7 MacBook Air when mobile.
Vim for code, NeoMutt for e-mail and Colemak for typing.
- Use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Windows or Zoom.
- Enter Starbucks or use an Uber.
- Vote Tory